Char-Broil Infrared Grill: A Different Experience In Grilling
This Char-Broil infrared grill produces excellent tasting food, consistently and safely.
It’s the consistently delicious, just-grilled taste you get, without the problems associated with charcoal and gas that make the Char-Broil infrared grill a true winner.
Infrared cooking delivers juicy, evenly-cooked food, as well as being cost-effective and kind to the environment.
|Choose your color below. If you really want to stand out from the crowd and (why not) these Char-Broil infrared grill come in four color choices;|
- Dazzling red color: make a real statement with this one
- Black: for that sophisticated look, never fails, (think little black dress)
- Graphite: Sleek, streamlined, and fashionable
- Then there’s Blue: for the ultra-modern, forever young look.
Pick any one of these and you will definitely have people staring over your fence, patio, or balcony with envy.
Which one will you choose?
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The Char-Broil infrared grill uses infrared technology, so the cooking process is slightly different from other grills on the market.
What Is Infrared Grilling And How Does It Work?
Infrared grilling produces heat waves. It uses a radiant heat cooking system that emits actual infrared waves directly onto the food on the grill grate. As opposed to heating the air like conventional grilling.
What’s most important though is the result, and this outdoor electric grill from Char-Broil passes the taste test with flying colors.
How Big Is The Cooking Area?
This grill features a large, cooking area that provides 240 square inches of primary cooking space. Enough to grill 8 to 12 burgers at once.
In addition, there’s an 80 square inch removable warming rack, ideal for indirect cooking or for keeping your food warm.
This provides a total of 320 sq. inches, enough for a full 3-course family meal.
No Smoke Healthy Clean Air
However, it’s healthier and cleaner for your family to be around. As well as no annoying smoke to upset your neighbors.
Additionally, you’ll have a sleek-looking grill you’ll probably want to display to all your family and friends.
The Char-Broil infrared grill is – Not Too Big and Not Too Small – Great For All Occasions.
Delicious Food Every Time
The key to excellent results is to allow the grill to properly preheat. Typically, that means 20 to 30 minutes – if you really want a good sear on your food.
Sure, it takes a little bit longer to get the temperature up to speed than a gas grill does.
Don’t rush things, you may not get the results you want.
Temperatures are easy to adjust with the control knob located right at the front of the grill.
After warming up adequately, you’ll find that you can cook pork chops in four minutes per side and they’re cooked perfectly, with beautiful grill marks.
So if you want a top-quality sear on all types of food, including beef, pork, fish, and vegetables, this is the grill to get.
Can You Use The Char-Broil Grill To Smoke Food?
You can also infuse a delicious smoky flavor by adding wood chips to the Char-Broil infrared grill.
A special box is used to stand on the grill which contains the wood chips.
If you like that smokey flavor, the box and wood chips are available to purchase from Amazon.
|Only use real wood chips though as recommended by the manufacturer.|
Are The Grill Plates Easy To Clean?
The cast-iron grills of the Char-Broil infrared grill are coated in porcelain this helps to prevent food from sticking and is rust-resistant.
They’re easy to clean, you just have to make sure you use the right kind of brush, which in this case is nylon.
It doesn’t matter where you set this up outside, on your apartment balcony, condo patio, or wherever, as long as it’s outdoors, you’re good to go.
All of these electric grills look really classy and modern and helps you serve quality food, whenever you want.
Perfect for birthday parties and reunions too.
How Easy Is The Char-Broil Infrared Grill To Move Around?
It weighs in at about 47.6 pounds, so it’s no featherweight, but the product designers cleverly included two large rear wheels, and a front handle making the Char-Broil infrared grill easily mobile.
(The handle has a dual purpose as a tool or towel rack).
Great for small spaces, this one measures 24.2 inches wide by 26 inches deep by 38.5 inches high.
A Powerful Grill
This Char-Broil infrared grill boasts 1750 Watts of grilling power and it plugs into any standard 110 Volt household outlet.
Since it is electric, this Char-Broil infrared grill is an optimal solution for anyone who lives in a building or complex where charcoal and gas are not allowed
Due to the potential fire risk posed by open flames and volatile chemicals.
|If you’re living in an apartment, please check with your manager regarding any fire code requirements and regulations for using an outdoor electric grill in your complex.|
Love to grill but can’t or don’t want to use a traditional barbecue setup, you’re going to love this thing.
Does This Char-Broil Infrared Grill Have Any Added Features?
Most traditional propane, gas, and charcoal barbecues sport a temperature gauge built into the lid.
Very few electric grills seem to have this feature but with Char-Broil infrared grill, this is what you get;
- Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge: For now, Char-Broil offers this as standard equipment and it’s useful in monitoring the temperature inside.
- Stainless-Steel Burners: can easily be adjusted from high to low temperature Of course, once the lid is opened, things begin to cool down quickly.
- The Built-in Warming Rack: is an extra you don’t often see on an electric grill. It provides added cooking space, which is ideal for side dishes Or for warming up sauces or hamburger/ hot-dog buns.
- Pull-Out Grease Tray: Makes for easy clean-up
- No More Flare-Ups: The special cooking grate helps spread the heat evenly across the grill creating a barrier between the food and flame, thus no flare-ups
- No Hot Or Cold Spots: Infrared cooking prevents hot and cold spots on your grilling surface, faster cooking using less gas.
Take Your Time With the Assembly
On the downside, the Char-Broil infrared grill takes a little longer to assemble than other grills.
That’s due mostly to the lack of clarity in the instructions.
There are lots of parts and pieces to put together.
Take the appropriate time, depending on your skill level at this sort of thing.
Instructions could have been easier, but that’s the way it is with most products these days.
All you get are a series of pictures, without any written content.
So trying to figure out the various parts and pieces can be a bit of a challenge.
Allow yourself (and a helper) about an hour to put it together. That’s plenty of time to get the job done and you can work at a leisurely pace.
Tip: While you’re setting up the BBQ, you may like to keep the kids busy with some Backyard Games that are fun and good for their health too.
Most people who are somewhat handy can quickly figure out what goes where.
Time and patience are what you need. Don’t be in a rush to get grilling too soon and you’ll be fine.
A Quality, Stylish Grill with Power
Once assembled and in use, this thing is a beauty and a powerhouse at that.
It’s the frustration of putting it together that causes many new customers to rate this grill lower than the higher rating it actually deserves.
Once people figure it out, they overwhelmingly recommend this grill.
If Char-Broil addressed this issue and made it a breeze to put it together it would average a much higher mark than the current 3.9 out of 5 possible stars.
Tip: After a few disasters of our own created by not leaving ourselves enough time to figure things out, we finally learned our lesson. Yah!
Now when we buy something that has lots of parts we commence the assembly well in advance of actually needing to use the thing.
Sometimes we even invite friends round to lend a hand. This can be great fun if you treat it like a game.
How Do You Clean The Char-Broil Infrared Grill?
The best way to clean the grill is with a nylon brush and warm soapy water or grill cleaner.
Never use a regular steel-bristle grill brush or invariably, you’ll damage the protective ceramic coating, rendering your grill much less usable.
Once you’ve got it cleaned, you can season the grates with canola or olive oil and it will help prevent food from sticking in the future.
We always oil ours just before cooking on it, as I dread having to clean burnt-on grease, ugh!
Since the grill plates are easily removed, you can let them soak in the sink, or hose them down in the backyard, after using a suitable grill cleaner
or dish-washing detergent and warm water mixture.
Another way to keep them clean when cooking is to use a BBQ Grill Mat, the ones we use come as a Set of 2 with a lifetime warranty. Cleaning the mat after cooking is super easy.
As with any grill, cleaning up burned-on grease is no fun so using a mat is great, just wash in warm water using any washing up liquid and the job is done. The mats are reusable and work on Electric, Gas, or Charcoal grills.
Two Recommended Add-On’s
We already mentioned the nylon brush for cleaning the grills and you can purchase it as an extra add-on or you could use something that’s non-abrasive.
Fortunately, Char-Broil makes a durable cover that fits this grill perfectly and comes as a separate item.
It will help protect your grill from the elements and prolong its life-span when it’s not being used.
Another alternative is to use large strong plastic garbage bags, We recommend placing two together for extra protection.
Are Accessories Necessary?
Of course, none of these accessories are absolutely necessary for you to enjoy a great grill. We recommend them only to make your grilling life a little easier, depending on what is important to you. My own personal choice was to get those grill mats first, as my pet hate is scrubbing and scraping messy grills. UGH! What is your grilling pet hate?
A Worthwhile Investment
If you want a no-hassle way to get authentic, grilled food on demand this outdoor Char-Broil infrared grill is capable of performing for some time to come.
No grill lasts forever but with care, you will get many years of regular use out of this one. I think you would consider it a worthwhile investment.
And there are no propane tanks to fill or charcoal to buy. No open flame to worry about either. Just roll it in the place you want to grill, plug it in, turn it on, and let it heat up to your set temperature.
Then, let the grilling begin.
What Buyers Like Most
- The sleek design looks stylish.
- The grill produces very little smoke – so it’s excellent for an apartment or condo balcony.
- Fat drippings collect in the provided tray
- Construction is top-notch
- This one gets hot and is able to retain heat if you don’t open the lid too often.
- Very easy to use – even for a beginner.
- You don’t have to worry about propane tanks, charcoal, or wood
- An easy way for couples or small families to get grilling without the usual hassles
- The flavor you get from using this grill is similar to using a propane grill
- Grates are easy to remove and clean
- No charcoal ashes to get rid of and no propane to run out when you’re busy cooking
- Excellent customer service (should you need replacement parts simply get in touch)
- Works well on a ton of different foods like grilled chicken, burgers, shrimp, wings, steaks, brats, and vegetables
- Quality product from a reputable name
- Cook as fast as a charcoal or propane grill (and it’s more convenient and costs less to operate)
- There are no toxic fumes which is a big difference between electric and propane
What Some Buyers Didn’t Like
- The onboard thermometer is not always accurate (one buyer reports having turned up the grill to maximum heat with the temperature gauge never exceeding 360°F)
- Assembly instructions are inadequate therefore can take longer to warm up than a gas grill
- Requires a special nylon grill brush for the grates as a regular wire brush will scratch the porcelain coating and damage it.
- And a grill cover is needed to protect the unit when not in use.
- The power cord isn’t very long – so you need to be close to an outlet, or have the appropriate short extension cord to give you a few extra feet.
If you’re looking for an outdoor grill that’s easy to use, easy to clean,
And produces juicy evenly-cooked food with just a grilled taste without the problems associated with charcoal and gas, like storing propane tanks or humping bags of charcoal.
It’s especially useful if you live in an apartment or complex where burn bans are in place.
Suitable For Anyone New To Grilling:
As it’s simple and easy to use. (once assembled)
If you’re tight on space this Char-Broil infrared grill is perfect for a Patio, Balcony, or a tiny backyard. Just set-up, fire-up, and enjoy.
You get to chose from four stylish colors. This Char-Broil infrared grill is a quality product you will be proud to show off to friends and neighbors.
Have you decided on your choice of color? Then you may be ready to;
|check out today’s price on Amazon? Click the link to your favorite color below|
Thank you for reading our review and we hope this information has been helpful in making your decision.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please contact us we would love to hear from you.
We are here to listen.
Happy Grilling – Stay Healthy – Stay Safe