Removes up to 42% Fat – Less Fat – Less Calories – Less Weight!
The George Foreman GFO240S electric grill allows you to cook a variety of foods without using the extra oil or butter most people think you need (but don’t).
The built-in slope surface is said to facilitate the removal of up to 42% of the fat produced when cooking various meats.
Can’t wait to reduce your fat intake and enjoy a wonderful barbecue without worrying then check it out on Amazon now.
Great for anyone who wants to pay attention to calories and their health. Reduce the fat, reduce the calories.
Added fats are often consumed through habit, rather than anything else. But it’s completely unnecessary with this George Foreman grill.
A Quality Electric Outdoor Grill For Backyard Parties And Large Families.
If you are looking for a quality electric grill that can handle a substantial amount of food at once well, look no further than the George Foreman 15 Serving GFO240S electric grill.
True to its title, it’s a large George Foreman grill that gives you enough grill space to prepare 15 servings at once. Perfect for Backyard Camping.
It comes in a silver finish, features 240 square inches of grilling space and measures 23.5 inches by 21.20 inches by 12.1 inches in size.
The George Foreman GFO240S Electric Grill Is Effective And Convenient
The George Foreman grill also ships with a large round domed top to help speed the cooking process and seal in the natural flavors and juices.
And just like the GGR50B model, this one boasts a removable grill plate, dishwasher safe drip tray, temperature control probe and grill stand, complete with a pedestal base.
So it can be used as a standard barbecue or as a tabletop or counter-top unit. It also comes with variable temperature control that provides 5 different settings.
On top of that, the manufacturer offers a 3-year warranty. Considering the low price and general reliability and durability of Foreman grills, that spells solid value.
If you use it regularly and it lasts just 3 years, it’s easily a worthwhile investment.
So it’s no surprise that a lot of George Foreman grill owners simply by another device when their original grill finally dies.
Perfect for Apartments, Townhouses, and Condos
Since it’s electric, it’s apartment, townhouse complex and condominium-friendly.
You don’t have to worry about any restrictions like you do with charcoal and gas-fired barbecues that have an open flame.
This one gives you a similar grill experience, without the use of a flame or dangerous fuel.
A Healthier Form of Grilling
Smile as you see those calories drain away.
Just like a variety of other George Foreman Grills, this one has a slightly sloped ribbed skillet so you can grill whatever you want and watch as any excess grease and fat drain off automatically.
It features a double-coated, durable nonstick, Teflon coating that’s easy to clean.
The drip tray is removable and dishwasher safe, so clean-up is a breeze, even on those days when you’re exhausted from a long day at work.
Cook Inside Or Outside with the George Foreman GFO240S Grill
The stand on the George Foreman 15 Serving GFO240S Grill is fully removable, so you can take it from your patio to your kitchen in a second.
This works great during the colder winter months when you feel like something cooked on the grill, but you don’t want to freeze outside as you prepare your meals.
Grills Everything – Safely
With 240 square inches of cooking surface, the George Foreman 15 Serving GFO240S Grill is perfect for entertaining guests all year round.
You can create classic backyard barbecue fares such as grilled chicken, burgers, steaks, shrimp, and kebabs. It’s perfect for appetizers and desserts too.
Since it is fully electric, there’s no wood, charcoal, propane, or natural gas involved.
So you don’t have to worry about tracking the supply of fuel or fire-starters of any kind.
Also, since there’s no flame, flare-ups are non-existent.
Another plus is there’s no bulky or sometimes an unsightly barbecue taking up space on the backyard deck or patio.
If you’ve got one of those behemoths of an outdoor grill and it’s a couple of years old, or older, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Intelligent Design Enables Healthier Grilling – Indoors and Outdoors
The smart design of the George Foreman GFO240S electric grill enables you to lose the fat without losing the taste or flavor of your favorite foods.
All in all, it’s a healthier way to be able to enjoy authentic grilled food, minus at least some of the fat.
Clearly, the product designers behind this Foreman grill put a lot of thought into the design.
I’m sure they’re active grillers themselves because it feels as though they thought of everything.
For example, it’s easier to wipe down the durable nonstick surface once you’re done the grilling.
Compared to any typical grill, well there’s just no comparison as far as cleaning goes.
When you wipe it down immediately after each grilling session, it cleans up better and makes it easy to grab and go the next time around.
5 Temperature Settings
The plug-in temperature probe has a simple dial or you can adjust the heat of the grill (from one to five, much like the burners on your stove) to precisely cook a variety of foods exactly the way you want.
It’s Not A Perfect World
It isn’t perfect though. Although the nonstick grilling surface wipes clean, the grilling plates themselves do not come off from the base of the unit.
It can be a little awkward to clean and maintain, simply because you have to work with the entire grill, except for the pedestal base.
This version of the George Foreman grill operates at 1440 Watts with a 120 Volt power cord, so it plugs into any standard, North American household outlet.
Avoid Using Pots and Pans
It’s not recommended that you use any kind of pan or pot on top of this grill as it could easily damage the Teflon surface.
Your best bet is to place foods directly on top of the grill. It will last you much longer that way.
The grilling plate on this model is 17 inches in diameter.
This makes the overall outside diameter about 21 inches in total.
If you haven’t used a grill of this size before, you may be surprised by how much food you can actually fit on it at once.
Set It Up Close To An Outlet
The cord on the temperature probe is about 78 inches long. So, for the best results, you want to be close to an outlet on the wall for a direct connection.
If that’s not realistic, an extension cord may be used as long as it has the correct electrical rating for a 1440 Watt cooking appliance.
An outdoor, 3-pronged extension cord is typically your best bet.
Avoid using a general, all-purpose extension cord designed to power a lamp.
Those are definitely not recommended for the George Foreman GFO240S grill.
Grills Delicious Steaks
You can grill pretty much anything on this indoor/outdoor grill and get excellent results. This includes steak.
- When grilling steaks, the recommended setting is number five,
- the maximum heat setting on the Foreman unit. You’ll want to crank it up to get a nice sear anyway.
To complete the cooking process,
- Medium-rare, cook for three to four minutes per side.
- For a medium steak, four to six minutes per side should do the trick.
- To cook your steak medium-well, six to eight minutes per side should give you the results you’re looking for. Use these times as a basic guideline and adjust it to suit.
Practice Makes Perfect
As with any new appliance, you’ll have to get used to its quirks.
Naturally, you’ll have to make adjustments for your particular cuts of meat, or whatever you happen to be grilling.
But the more you use it, the more comfortable you’ll likely become and the more you’ll start to rely on your grill.
Once you get used to using a George Foreman GFO240S electric grill, you’ll find yourself pulling it out time and time again.
It will become your go-to appliance because it’s so handy and it consistently produces good results.
Grill a Vast Variety of Food
In addition to steaks, burgers, and hot-dogs, you can cook a variety of seafood, pork chops, veggies of many kinds.
Like peppers, onions, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, corn on the cob and more. And they’ll all turn out nicely-grilled and delicious.
There’s even a cheese you can grill on the George Foreman. It’s called Halloumi cheese.
Grill it separately and use it to top off fresh-grilled vegetables or burgers, or add it to your kebabs for that extra zing to make them even better.
Grill, Anywhere You Want
It’s so handy to be able to grill your food indoors or outdoors.
It’s relatively lightweight so you can move it from one location to another without too much difficulty. And it cooks evenly and cleans up quite well.
Not having to worry about propane, charcoal, starter fluid, or any of those things is a huge plus too.
Practical and Oh So Useful
Having a George Foreman grill is an easy way to essentially grill your favorite foods all winter long.
It’s not one of those flash-in-the-pan cooking devices you only hear about on infomercials and see in those “as seen on TV” stores.
It’s been around for years and I’m sure it will be available for years to come.
Lots of people have purchased multiple George Foreman grills over the years.
That tells you something about their performance and the overall value they deliver.
Numerous buyers are on their second or third George Foreman Electric Grill having had their original models last up to ten years.
With that kind of durability, you can rest assured that you’re buying value.
What Buyers Like
- Fat drains into the tray (making for healthier cooking) which pulls out easily and can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher
- Comes with a removable stand that’s sturdy
- Cooks everything thoroughly and evenly
- The perfect grill for RV living or camping (providing power outlet is available)
- Near perfect and even heating (so you can grill a lot of food at once)
- Fantastic tool for grilling vegetables (with a solid, ribbed grill, food can’t slip through the cracks as it does on most barbecues)
- Can be used in the garage when it’s raining outside
- Takes up very little space and a breeze to wipe down and clean quickly
- Food tastes excellent and you can cook pretty much anything on this grill
- Lightweight and portable
- Inexpensive way of grilling (some say charcoal and gas may be overrated)
Grill size means it holds a lot of food
- Operates efficiently using clean energy
- Relatively easy to set up, take down, and clean
- Gets hot quickly and stays hot
- Can easily fit four large steaks on the grill at once
- Comes with a booklet to advise you on the temperature settings based on what’s on the grill (we found this to be quite helpful)
- Well packaged inside the box
- Assembly can be figured out and completed in about five minutes
- Much faster and more convenient than firing up a charcoal grill
- Versatile cooking appliance
- Useful while entertaining in your backyard or balcony
- Great for anyone with limited living or storage space
What Some Buyers Didn’t Like
- The grill plate is not removable (you have to take the entire top section to the sink to wash)
- The lid is not attached to the grill (so it can be challenging to find a place to lay the lid down while you’re working on the grill)
- The lid needs to be cleaned after use
- The stand can feel a little bit wobbly (it’s plastic) due to the weight of the grill itself
- The lid is lightweight and can blow off in windy weather
- Like most griddle type grills, the heat is not perfectly distributed across the entire grill
- Doesn’t get as hot as a gas or charcoal grill
- Text only instructions can be a little confusing (though there’s not a lot to set up)
- Grill must be stored inside (it cannot be left outside exposed to the elements since it’s an electrical device, so you will need to account for storage space when the grill is not in use)
The George Foreman GFO240S is a grill that can be used outdoors or indoors. It doesn’t matter what you plan to cook because this grill can get the job done.
If you can cook it on a gas or charcoal grill, you can certainly cook it on the George Foreman GFO240S electric grill. Check out today’s price on Amazon
Overall, this is a good indoor/outdoor grill that has a large capacity and can prepare a variety of foods.
The only limitation as to where you can use this George Foreman grill is that you need to be close to an electrical outlet.
You could even take it camping, as long as you have the power supply to your campsite. You just can’t beat the portability and versatility.
Thank you so much for visiting our post, You are welcome to check out our other Backyard posts such as Grilling for Health, Fire Pits, Gardening in small spaces and much more. which I hope will be of interest.
Stay Happy, Stay Healthy.
Amazon Associates Compliance Statement
Awesome Backyard Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com